So you feel nauseated and it’s like your vision can’t seem to “focus”. It’s like no matter how composed you are at the very moment, the world around you refuses to be still.
If so, you need to get your condition treated immediately. A temporary fix is to take an over-the-counter medication.
Some examples of these OTC medications are aspirin, ibuprofen, and triptans.
Then again, here’s the dilemma:
Are you 100% certain that what you have is vertigo – and not some other condition?
So in this post, let’s get to the bottom of it.
How to know if it’s vertigo
Vertigo and dizziness can seem alike. But no, they are actually not.
It is vertigo if the “episode” lasts for hours. Even if you relax for a while, it can’t seem to go away on its own. And it’s as if the problem will stay with you permanently.
Also, according to this article, How to Get Rid of Vertigo: The Ultimate Guide, your condition is vertigo if it can come in the form of a scarier type: central vertigo. So if this were the case for you, it means your underlying brain illness can explain why you have vertigo.
If you have a condition in the brain, you should look no further. Usually, when you treat that brain illness, you’re also treating your vertigo.
Here are some other facts about vertigo:
- It is more common in people who are aged 65 and above. While it can occur at any age, older people are more susceptible to the condition.
- If you’re lying down, gently elevating your head will relieve the eye jerks. Consider adding a pillow or two. This will help you make sure your head is in a higher alignment than the rest of your body.
- Herbal supplements, acupressure, and acupuncture are popular alternative therapies for vertigo treatments. For some,they work. Sadly, there is no concrete scientific evidence that can support their capability as treatment options.
How to know if it’s dizziness
Then there’s dizziness.
The term vertigo seems more troublesome than “dizziness”. This is because a person who is familiar with vertigo is not the most common thing in the world.
Usually, someone can dismiss his vertigo as dizziness. But do you think dizzy people immediately dismiss their condition to be vertigo?
No, they don’t.
For some people, the word “vertigo” isn’t even in their dictionary. If you’re one of them, what you can do is familiarize yourself with the facts.
Here are some other facts about dizziness:
- It’s a sign of atrial fibrillation. That, and it points towards the onset of other heart-related ailments.
- It might be due to dehydration or an unhealthy diet. If you don’t drink enough water, your blood pressure will start to drop and your world will begin to spin. This applies to eating junk foods, too.
- It might be due to low levels of vitamin B12. Fortunately, if this were the case, your condition is easily treatable.
Common symptoms of vertigo
A tricky part about having this condition is the 50-50 feeling. You don’t know what’s really going on with you.
Well, one of the best ways to know for certain is to observe any vertigo symptoms.
The most common of them are as follows:
- Nystagmus or abnormal eye jerking. This abnormality is related to either your inner ears or eyes. It’s involuntary, which means no matter what you do, you can’t fix your eyes on an object.
- Sweating. If you’re feeling lightheaded inside a very cold room, it could mean you have vertigo. That is if you’re sweating incessantly.
- Headache. Migraine-related vertigo is what you have if you’re seeing images circling around you and if your head feels like it’s about to explode.
- Ringing sound in the ears. If this were the case, you’re also up for permanent hearing loss.
What to do
You can check out this book by Bobby Gibbs called The Vertigo Treatment: A Simple Step-by-Step Guide For Treating Vertigo. It’s available for $14.99 on paperback.
It can help you find out more information about vertigo. That way, you can tell whether the illness you have is vertigo and not dizziness.
The book was received well by a number of people. In addition to reviews about it featured in another article, here is another review worth reading.
Like it was stated in How to Get Rid of Vertigo: The Ultimate Guide, you may buy this book on Amazon. Simply click on its image and it will open a new tab that directs you to the page where you can click the Add to Cart or Buy Now button.
Another thing you can do to help you determine which one is your illness, it’s best to visit your doctor. Once you do, you should tell him all about your concerns and what you’re trying to achieve. You should let him in on the fact that you need his help.
Another option is to figure out yourself.
Here’s a list of questions that will help you out:
- Is this a new sensation? If it is, then think of a recent life event that might have affected you significantly and caused this condition.
- Do I exhibit the symptoms mentioned above? If you’re experiencing at least one of the symptoms, it’s an indication that you have this condition.
- Does this prevent me from living my best life? Vertigo can be an obstacle, especially if your case is quite severe. You can’t do the things you used to – at least not with the same vitality.
- Is this affecting my productivity? As mentioned, vertigo is an obstacle. If you can’t work as much as before, it’s possible that you have this condition.
- Does this worsen because of a particular factor? Find out if this condition gets worse if you’re exposed to specific factors. If it does, you might have vertigo.
Your goal for asking these questions is to help you get the answer. Is what you have vertigo? Or is it just dizziness?
By asking yourself these questions, you can straighten things out!
But remember, it’s not the wisest solution to figure it out for and by yourself. Getting professional help is definitely the better option.
Whether it’s vertigo or it’s dizziness, the fact remains: you have a condition that needs medical attention. To get the proper treatment, you have to find out what you’re suffering from.
Hopefully, this post will help!
There are items in this article that you can buy on Amazon. You can simply click on their photo below so you can be redirected to a page on Amazon where you can easily buy the said items.
What you can buy are as follows: